I just had to share the above link! It beautifully represents how acupuncture works on PMS. Many thanks to licensed acupuncturist, Patricia Kowal for putting this together.
Here’s a quick run down:
- 85% of women experience PMS.
- PMS symptoms range from physical symptoms to psychological symptoms
- It isn’t a fun ride to be on every month
- It usually goes away as soon as the period start or can be ongoing and even occur after
- There are different reasons as to why PMS occurs in some women
- Too much cold in the body
- Too much heat in the body
- Physical exhaustion
- and more
- Acupuncturists recognize the myriad of reasons as to why PMS occurs and customize treatments to each individual’s pattern
- PMS is seen as a symptom of another dysfunction in the body
- Herbal formulas may be given on a case by case basis to supplement acupuncture treatments.
I hope you enjoyed the infographic as much as I did.